|SNAIL MAIL MAILING ADDRESS:|
1. How can I get my husband to talk to me?
2. How can I become bonded for life to my spouse?
3. How can I encourage my wife to be intimate with me?
Session One: How to get your husband to talk to you.
Basic Premise: There are no husbands who will not talk, only husbands who do not believe they will be listened to.
A. Seven common reasons men don’t talk.
1. They are afraid their thoughts and ideas will be criticized and rejected.
2. They do not feel they are a verbally skilled as their wives.
B. Six common mistakes women make…
1. They expect an immediate response or answer thus pressuring him.
2. They assume men enjoy conversation as much as they do.
C. Seven Questions to ask your husband
1. "Who did you admire most growing up?"
2. "What's the best compliment anyone ever paid you?"
D. Seven winning strategies to get him to talk…
1. Ask your husband a question and then do not say anything until he responds.
2. When he does speak resist every impulse within you to evaluate, criticize, alter or reject what he has just said.
Session Two: How two people can truly become one.
A. God’s formula for bonding…
“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.” Genesis 2:21 (NIV)
B. A definition…It is that mysterious process whereby two people become one. While each person remains a distinct individual, the whole is now greater than, and different from, the sum of its parts. Donald Joy, Bonding: Relationships in the Image of God (Evangel Publishing, 1998).
C. Steps to bonding…
1. Eye to body…This person catches our attention in a way others do not.
2. Eye to eye…Our eyes communicate a special interest and awareness of each other.
3. Voice to voice…Words are creating a new and growing connection between us.
D. A journey of discipleship…
1. Finding our mate is actually the work of God in our lives.
2. Marriage is an illustration of Christ and the church…
"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church.” Ephesians 5:31-32
E. Marriage is God’s initiative…
“The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him…” Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.” Genesis 2:18, 22
1. Awareness -- He draws our heart to someone that He has chosen for us.
2. Conviction -- He impresses on our heart a desire to meet and know this person.
3. Repentance -- He brings about a profound change of mind and heart toward this person.
Session Three: How to encourage your wife to be intimate with you…
Basic Premise: There are no wives who will not have sex with their husbands, only those who believe it will lack emotional intimacy if they do.
“Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.” 1Peter 3:7
A. Seven common reasons wives don’t want to be intimate.
1. They experience no meaningful emotional or spiritual heart connection with their husband during the day thus leaving them feeling distant, alone and reluctant at night.
2. There are unresolved arguments or tensions that lead them to believe they will be prostituting themselves if they engage in sexual intimacy.
3. They are emotionally distracted by other problems or crises with their children or family.
B. Seven common mistakes husbands make…
1. The husband conveys interest in her body than her heart during the day.
2. The husband pressures her for sex and gets upset at her when she hesitates.
C. Seven questions__________________________ to ask your wife…
1. “How can I ______________ for you today?”
2. “What important issues or problems are you dealing with in your heart that I could _______________ about?”
3. “When do you feel ___________ loved by me? How could I make you feel hat way every day?”
D. Seven loving ____________________________ to encourage intimacy…
1. ______________________ her love language throughout the day.
2. Show her one non-sexual act of ___________________________ in the morning, afternoon, and evening (give her a 90 second hug for example).
Living Word Christian Church, Zion,
Saturday, June 8, 2013
8:30 Am Registration to 4:00 Pm Dismissal
For further information go to: www.forkeepsministries.com
Walk-ins welcome on Saturday Morning